I specialize in a "call" to a public ministry that utilizes not only my education, credentials, & experience but a faith-based healing ministry that contributes to, and improves public & community wellness. I have worked to become an expert surrounding translational evidenced-based research utilizing synthesized knowledge to design individualized programs that improve health such as; evidenced-based diets, addressing chronic co-morbidities with practical lifestyle changes, recognition of environmental and dietary toxic burdens, detoxification strategies of cellular pathways, and the therapeutic use of nutritional supplementation to mitigate or correct diagnosed deficiencies, toxicities, and metabolic pathways that require minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, amino acids, co-factors, enzymes, antioxidants etc., and health of the gut microbiome.
My health service career has grown and afforded me the opportuntiy to gain a wide variety of experiences over the decades. From my early years of my first job working as a psychiatric in-patient counselor to the bedside in the ICU to utilizing the advanced skill set of the FNP/DNP within my community. I partner with mental health programs, local school systems, teachers, parents and children & youth diagnosed with ADHD. I serve as a preceptor for our local HS students in areas of science and health related subjects for their Senior projects. I have partnered with the Brunswick County Law Enforcement SANE program (sexual assualt nursing examiner).
I have served my local university as a guest lecture in Cell Bio courses at Coastal Carolina University (CCU) teaching students the connection between Functional lab markers and chronic disease. Future bio students get a glimpse how thier work in the field of cell biology benefits patients who suffer with chornic disease when early bio markers of abnormal metabolic pathways are identified and corrected, nutritional deficiency identifyed and corrected and toxins are detoxified and detoxification pathways are corrected.
My passion for research has led me to partner with CCU undergraduate student research projects in collaboration with the Microbiology faculity in genetic research examining over 1000 nutritional substances in the Drosophila fruit fly with Huntington's Disease, as the relationship between human and fruit fly genes is very close and so similiar.
I am passionate about foreign medical missions, I have two daughters who are now medical doctors, and one daughter currently in medical school, a son serving in the US Military as well as two adopted children who are our absolute living miracles babies!
Integrating Faith, Medicine & Culture... Why it matters? Because it improves the health of Community!
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
- I have over 3 decades serving the Health Care Industry.
- I am a mother of six incredibly wonderful kids. I have home schooled all of my children from K-12 with the oldest two currently in Medical Residency and one in medical school!
- I believe the joy of education and life-long learning is the answer to cultural disagreements. Love is taught in the safety of the home and radiates out into the world.
- I am a motivational speaker and teacher on chronic diseases and health issues such as addictions, substance abuse, depression and psychiatric disorders, chronic diseases, and her passion degenerative neurological disease.
- I am a sought-after healthcare consultant with the preventative teaching expertise that is too often missing in the medical arena.
- I am a leader in community with a vision and commitment to see healthy transformation in the family, church, and especially in the healthcare systems.
- I began my Counseling career in the Mental Health field after obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) from Mansfield University, located in Mansfield PA and I further specialized my Doctoral training DNP in the area of Psychiatric-Mental Health and Family Practice at the University of South Carolina, Columbia SC.
- I attended The Catholic University of America, located in Washington D.C., and obtained a nursing degree. I went on to specialize in the Neuro Trauma ICU.
- I integrated my counseling skills into the nursing profession as a trauma & critical care nurse helping families cope with tragedy and loss.
- I eventually left a decade in bedside care of the critically ill patient to pursue the Family Nurse Practitioner advanced training. During years as a Critical Care Specialist, I began to appreciate the dynamic Creation process of the human body with its innate ability to heal.
- I attend the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and obtained a Master’s of Science & the Family Nurse Practitioner Degree along with National Board Certification (FNP). The FNP is trained, licensed and board certified to provide medical care, promote health, and treat disease in patients from childhood through old age. The FNP is licensed to order diagnostic labs/test, diagnose, treat and prescribe medications for a wide range of diseases.
- I obtained my Doctorate Degree from the University of South Carolina. The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is an advanced-level practice, terminal degree that focuses on the clinical aspects of the nurse practitioner. DNP's plan and implement their practice with individuals and populations. The goal of this professional is to integrate the spiritual, biological, social, psychological and cultural factors that influence human responses to health and illness.
- The DNP Practice is to optimize the health care delivery through planned change. The changing demands of our nations complex healthcare environment requires the highest level of scientific knowledge and practice expertise to assure quality patient outcomes.
- I have the passion and expertise to incorporate advanced biochemical testing, diet, exercise, environment, toxic burden and therapeutic use of medications and nutritional supplementation.
- I completed work at Asbury Theological Seminary and was awarded nomination into the UMC clergy ordination program. My passion is teaching the Creation miracle of the physical body, mind and soul.
- I am passionate about research in areas of faith, spirituality, and public theology. My passion is to promotes inner-faith community activities related to religion, spirituality, and health as it relates to improving communities and the growth of biblical knowledge.
- My future goals include growing my ministry teaching using platforms such as tele-health and social media to teach the Creation process of healing and to bring critical research translated into strategies individuals can use to heal themselves physically, mentally and spiritually.