Makes 8 to 9 pancakes (3” to 4” each)
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp ground flax seeds soaked in 2 Tbsp water for approximately 3 minutes
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Add remaining ingredients, including binder, and stir together.
3. Spray skillet with oil. Get skillet very hot.
4. Pour out pancakes in the skillet. They will NOT get as bubbly as regular pancakes. Cook quickly on high heat and be careful not to burn.
5. When the first side browns, quickly flip over and let the second side brown.
Add a few more tablespoons of water if batter seems too thick to pour.
Spray oil in skillet after each batch.
Delicious with maple syrup or puréed strawberries mixed with honey.
Here is another recipe for Raw, Vegan Banana Pancakes that are gluten and soy free.
1 large banana
1/4 cup raw buckwheat flour
2 Tb Flax Meal
1 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. The mix should be similar to regular pancake mix, if you need more almond milk, go ahead and add it.
2. Pour in 1/4 cup spoonfuls onto a Teflex lined dehydrator tray. You should get about 5 pancakes.
3. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 2 hours. Flip the pancakes and dehydrate for another 2 hours.
4. Serve with fresh berries!