- Medicare covers an IPPE for all patients who have newly enrolled in Medicare Part B.
- The patient must receive this service within the first 12 months after the effective date of their Medicare Part B coverage.
- The IPPE is a one-time benefit.
The IPPE consists of the following:
- Review of the patient’s medical and social history
- Review of potential risk factors for depression or other mood disorders
- Review of functional ability and level of safety
- Measurement of height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Review of visual acuity screening
- End-of-life planning (upon agreement of the individual)
- Education, counseling and referral based on the review of previous components
- Education, counseling and referral for other preventive services, including a brief written plan. .
Call Coastal Carolinas Integrated Medicine to schedule your IPPE Visit