Have You Had Your Yearly Medicare
Annual Wellness & Prevention Visit? (AWV)
The Medicare Annual Wellness Exam is NOT a physical exam typical doctor's office visit, but a PREVENTION Wellness Counseling Office Visit provided once a year and covered under your Medicare. This great benefit was established by the Affordable Care Act to help keep elderly out of the hospital, decrease hospital admissions and prevent home falls. This is a great opportunity to sit down with Carly Willeford and spend an hour discussing your next year prevention plans to stay healthy! Evidenced-Based Wellness and Prevention Strategies with a qualified Doctoral prepared Nurse Practitioner coupled with expert counseling certifications in addiction and substance abuse, nutritional, metabolic, and detoxification medicine!
The Annual Wellness Visit was designed by the United States Health Task Force. This program has its own Billing Code, and is part of your Medicare Benefits. The best feature about this program is you Do Not have to go to your local provider. Why? Because he/she may not be trained in advanced metabolic testing and functional medicine or they may have no training in nutritional medicine or they may have no interest in providing preventative medicine or this program at their office.
What you do need to know is that this one time yearly Annual Wellness Visit is paid for by the Affordable Care Act.
This program should NOT be bundled into a routine 15 minute medical office visit but billed as a separate Prevention and Annual Wellness Visit.
- Do you feel like your doctor is lost in the never ending line of patients and you are not getting the time you need to really sit down and talk about all your health concerns?
- Medicare is covering PREVENTION! You now have an opportunity to schedule a FREE Prevention & Wellness appointment with Dr. Carly. The Affordable Care Act has granted money to cover this program at this point in time.
- Dr. Carly holds a sought after anti-aging, disease prevention tele-medicine practice dedicated to bringing advanced preventative strategies to the most vulnerable. If you struggle with Addiction, Substance Abuse, Depression, or any Chronic Health Strategies that are getting worse this is an opportunity for you!
- Dr. Carly is very different from a "typical" primary care provider but collaborates in partnership with primary care doctors who do not have the critical time to sit down and formulate a preventative plan for the year due to the critical nature of chronic care medicine.
- Dr. Carly is an innovative TEAM focused provider that partners with advanced thinking medical doctors who understand that the old medical model is out-dated and new paradigms integrate biochemistry, molecular biology and genetics into the chronic treatment plan.
- The goal is no longer a 7 minute medical appointment utilizing just pharmaceuticals. Today we can measure toxic burdens on the body as well as toxins in the food systems, crops, animals, body products, supplements, water, molds, fungus, parasites, candida as well as side effects of poly-pharmacy.
Medicare Part B covers the following.
Co-Pay and Deductible is all individual based on screening and/or test.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening if you are male/smoker
- Alcohol misuse screenings & counseling
- Bone mass measurements (bone density)
- Cardiovascular disease screenings
- Cardiovascular disease (behavioral therapy)
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Depression screenings
- Diabetes screening
- Hepatitis C screening test
- HIV screening
- Lung cancer screening
- Mammograms (screening)
- Nutrition therapy services
- Obesity screenings & counseling
- One-time “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit
- Sexually transmitted infections screening & counseling
- Tobacco use cessation counseling
- Yearly "Wellness" visit
- Learn more about equipment, suppliers and competitive bidding programs for items such as commode chairs, walkers, oxygen and related equipment, diabetes testing supplies, nebulizers, hospital beds, wheelchairs and so much more!
- Learn more about the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Both the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) have quality measures that focus on decreasing the use of high-risk medications in the elderly.
- Learn more about the CMS measure defined as the percentage of members receiving more than two prescription fills of a high-risk medication.