Let me share with you something you can do RIGHT NOW if you live in/or within driving distance to Horry County, SC. Bring your church college ministry leaders and come support one of our own "local" CCU students!
My daughter, Marena Willeford is the CCU student President for Christians United For Israel on Campus Club. The CCU Cufi on Campus Club will be hosting SC Representative Alan D. Clemmons this semester.
If you are a Pastor and your leadership has the goal of connecting with our University students, here is your opportunity! Students connect with community when "community" invest their time to come out and support campus events.
Across America we witness many apathetic populations of people and sadly, this group now includes the "church". Today, we face the worst crises the world has ever had to confront and it is never mentioned in media outlets, newspapers or discussed in most churches. Why? Well, we do not know what has caused the apathy but surely Pastors should be engaged in college ministries as these young American adults now inherit the mistakes of those who kept watch before them.
- Strategically, Israel is a point from which the US can project force into the Middle East if necessary. American Senator Jesse Helms used to call Israel, "America's aircraft carrier in the Middle East." During the Cold War, when many of Israel's neighbors were aligned with the USSR, the USA thought this was especially important. At present the US has no military bases there (the Port of Haifa can support the Sixth Fleet if necessary), but is confident of Israeli willingness to permit US military operations if required.
- Do you think Christian Persecution is something you read about in your Bible and only happened in the early church period? Do you know we are moments from taking key U.N. action to defend dying Christians in the Middle East?
- Christians have been driven to the Brink of Extinction in Iraq and Syria. Christian children are cut in half, missionaries crucified, women sexually enslaved and ISIS has used chemical weapons on them. Worst of all, the U.N. has been doing NOTHING about this mind numbing nightmare..
- Today Jay Sekulow ACLJ Chief Counsel is delivering a major legal letter to the U.N. Genocide Office, demanding they swiftly implement the Resolution.
- We can NOT and must NOT sit by as Christians are persecuted to death. You and your church is the only hope. You are the difference.
- In 2014, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., told all of America the truth about Syria in a speech to the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference at the Omni Hotel in Washington, D.C., Most in the room already knew that the administration of Barack Obama was arming Islamists in Syria who were killing Christians. The real surprise was a Senator who STAND up in front of national TV news cameras and tell America that yes, your tax dollars are being used to send guns to people who kill Christians.
- Sen. Paul began his comments on the Syria situation by referring to the hundreds of thousands of Christians who fled from Iraq to Syria for safety during and after the second Iraq War: Christians feared the Shiite government that America helped put in place after Saddam, and they fled in droves.Where did these Christians go? They headed mostly for Syria, joining the over 1 million Syrians who have lived as Christians since the time of Christ. We learned then in 2014 that President Obama armed Islamic rebels in Syria and now TODAY Islamic rebels are FILMING beheadings of Christians. Watch this video from back in 2014 of Senator Rand Paul's speech to the Faith & Freedom Conference. Join me and my family to help us promote this critical and upcoming event to our community!
WHO: SC Representative Alan D. Clemmons
WHERE: Coastal Carolina University, Brittain Hall Room 114
WHEN:November 1, 2917
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
TOPIC: Representative Clemmons, an Alumni of Coastal and will be discussing his recent trip to the Middle East as well as his current legislation on the floor of the SC House and Senate. Alan Clemmons is the leading voice in SC, Nationally and Globally. Here are just some of the highlights;
- South Carolina’s former Governor Nikki Haley signed into law a bill to stop efforts to boycott, divest and sanction Israel, in a first for the nation on a statewide level. South Carolina Representative Alan Clemmons pioneered this legislation.
- Rep. Clemmons has stated ".Discriminatory boycotts have historically been used as a form of economic warfare to forward the purposes of hatred and bigotry. The tactics employed by the Nazis serve as a poignant example,” Clemmons said in a prepared statement. “In this day and age, no group better demonstrates this fact than the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement in its effort to harm our great ally, Israel.”
- A delegation of members of South Carolina’s legislative body headed by Representative Alan Clemmons,visited Israel during the past few weeks. The delegation dedicated a large part of the visit to Judea and Samaria, with a special emphasis on the area of Gush Etzion.
- Senator Clemmons was the key speaker during the tour, which was not his first tour in Judea and Samaria in general and Gush Etzion in particular. Clemmons was the representative that led the revolution in the platform of the Republican Party, President Donald Trump’s party, when he removed the mention of two states and dividing Jerusalem as a diplomatic vision and objective.
- In his speech before the members of the delegation, Clemmons noted that in the past, he also believed in what he defined as “the politically correct narrative”, according to which, there is no Jewish history in Judea and Samaria, There is no evidence that testifies to Jewish habitation of this area in the past and that it is “Arab land” that had been taken by the Jews in 1967, But this concept changed after a meeting with the heads of Women in Green, Yehudit Katsover and Nadia Matar, who “opened his eyes so that he could see the reality, the truth, the concrete evidence, that you (turning to the legislators) have seen and will continue to see while you are here”.
- Alan Clemmons received the All Nations Convocations Lifetime Achievement award from Pastor Tom Hess at the concluding session of our Chairman's conference in Jerusalem. Rep. Clemmons was recognized for his pioneering efforts in developing and passing anti-BDS legislation. We were delighted that our annual conference offered the opportunity to parliamentarians from 14 countries around the world to learn from Rep. Clemmons' successes and work towards passing similar legislation in their countries.
So why get involved and support our campus students? Why is it critical to support Israel?
- To provide Christian student leaders with the skills, resources, relationships, and biblical teachings they need in order to speak up on behalf of Israel and the Jewish people at this crucial time.
- CUFI on Campus is a national initiative of Christians United for Israel that was founded in 2007. As anti-Semitic activity on American college campuses has steadily increased, CUFI recognizes that Christian students have a responsibility to speak up on behalf of Israel and the Jewish people.\
- Israel–United States relations are a very important factor in the United States government's overall policy in the Middle East, and Congress has placed considerable importance on the maintenance of a close and supportive relationship
- The survival of the Jewish people is a miracle of God. The return of the Jewish people to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is a miracle of God. The remarkable victories of Jewish armies against overwhelming odds in successive battles in 1948, and 1967, and 1973 are clearly miracles of God. The technological marvels of Israeli industry, the military prowess, the bounty of Israeli agriculture, the fruits and flowers and abundance of the land are a testimony to God's watchful care over this new nation and the genius of this people.
CCU CUFI ON CAMPUS Trips To Israel, Texas & DC
Dr. Carly Willeford